Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Worth Celebrating

I'm a little late in posting this, but we celebrated Claire's 1 year spiritual birthday on Sunday!

  August 9, 2009 is a day I will never forget.  Claire grabbed my hand during the Sunday morning invitation and with a trembling hand and shaky voice she said, "Mom, I need to go talk to daddy."  We reached daddy in about 5 steps (we sit on the second row) and she told him that she needed to ask Jesus into her heart.  Kneeling at the altar, she confessed her sins and asked Jesus to be her Lord (boss) and Savior.  We were rejoicing with the angels in heaven!  There is just something about knowing that your children are secure in their relationship with the Lord.  It has been exciting watching her grow in the Lord this past year and we pray daily that He will use her in a mighty way.


She followed the Lord in baptism about a month later and her daddy had the 
privilege of baptizing her just like my daddy baptized me. 
It is a sweet memory I will cherish forever.

But Jesus said, "Let the little children come to Me, and do not forbid them; for of such
is the kingdom of heaven."  Matthew 19:14


8 comments:

  1. OK. Crying on my keyboard. :)
    Love y'all and so proud for you and your sweet children. The Lord gave them such great parents.

    ReplyDelete
  2. so sweet...and it is a day worth celebrating! Love you all!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is precious! I know the feeling.

    ReplyDelete
  4. wow! this is so sweet! She looks just like you in the picture!
    Congratulations Claire!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks everybody for your sweet words!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That has got to be one of the best family pictures ever taken. And I love your blog, Jana. I am so thankful to God for you!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for following my site.... I wanted to stop by & what a great post to land on. Such a beautiful testimony to the parents you must be. What a priceless gift when our children come to the Lord. What a wonderful celebration. Have a great Monday....

    ReplyDelete
  8. Did he cry? Did his voice shake? Mine voice shook.

    ReplyDelete