Saturday, December 31, 2011

Year in Review - 2011

After finding a new blog to follow, Diary of a Stay at Home Mom, I decided to follow her lead and do a yearly review by posting the first sentence from the first post of each month in 2011.  I also added a favorite pic from each month.  What a great way to reflect on what God has done in our lives this past year!

January

This year's Mother/Daughter Christmas Tea was a delight.  We had a wonderful speaker, Sheila Cason Breazeale, who brought a thought provoking devotion entitled, What's in Your Cup?  She challenged us to think about the people or events that have filled our cup(life).




February

Have you ever felt like you were on a merry go round and just couldn't get off??


March

Claire and Levi participated in a wonderful sports program at FBC Natchitoches called Upward Basketball.  Upward Sports is a first-class sports experience that emphasizes healthy competition, sportsmanship, skills building and fun versus the “win-at-all-costs” mentality found in many children sports leagues.  It was a rewarding experience for both of them! 


April

We woke up to another rainy day but were excited to spend the day where Jesus had lived in Nazareth!  On our way to Nazareth we passed through the Arabic town of Cana where Jesus performed his first miracle of turning the water to wine (John 2:1-11).  

Nazareth
 May

I have been so busy lately that I haven't finished my blogs about the Holy Land and I hope to do that this week!  I must say that Easter seemed to have an extra special meaning this year since I had visual images of Jesus' journey to the cross and resurrection.

Eastern Gate from the Garden of Gethsemane
 June

Day seven started with a bus ride through the modern city of Jerusalem. We made our way past the Israeli Parliament (the Knesset) to the Israeli Museum.

Model of the Temple Mount
 July

Last night, our church family celebrated our country's freedom as well as our freedom in Christ with a children's musical called "AmeriKids" followed by BBQ and fireworks.


August

Well, yesterday was our last day of summer vacation.  It is hard for me to believe that we are starting school so early this year and if you ask me I think it is ridiculous. 


September

We have many projects going on around our home...school projects and home improvement projects.  The latter is one of the reasons I haven't done much blogging lately.



October

**I did not post in the month of October due to our home improvement projects!

Before
After
November

Last week was Red Ribbon Week for our parish.  We paid $5 in order to "dress down" for the week and my children were eager to get up and get "dressed" each day!


December

Our annual Christmas tradition is one of our family's most anticipated events of the Christmas season.  We meet with our best friends in Natchitoches, La.
The City of Lights, to celebrate together! 



God has blessed us in 2011 and I look forward to what He will do in 2012!

Happy New Year!


1 comment:

  1. Hi Jana, so glad to meet you through my blog :) Thank you for stopping by and commenting.

    I really enjoyed reading your review and getting to know you a little better through your pics...I'm adding your blog to my google reader so I can come and visit more :)

    Happy New Year :)

    ReplyDelete